There are 3 main levels of service available; advertise only, tenant find and full management. Your decision will depend upon the level of involvement you wish to have.
Advertise only £50 + vat (£60 inc vat).
95% of property searches take place online. If you are not advertising on the major property portals and social media you are severely restricting your market. We will list your property on the UK’s most recognised property portals including Rightmove and Zoopla which receive millions of visits each month. In addition, your property will feature on social media and our own web site. All leads will be passed to you the Landlord who will then coordinate viewings leading to a successful tenancy.
Tenant find £200 + vat. (£240 inc vat).
This level of service is designed for experienced landlords who are happy to deal with the day to day management of their property. Landlords 2 will;
- provide a free no obligation appraisal of your property considering current market conditions and our extensive local knowledge. During this visit, we will discuss the type of tenant you wish to attract and how to present your property to achieve the maximum rental possible.
- take a selection of digital photographs and compile a detailed description highlighting your property’s key features.
- list your property on the UK’s most recognised property portals including Rightmove and Zoopla which receive millions of visits each month. In addition, your property will feature on social media and our own web site. A To Let board will be erected on request.
- match your property to our database of waiting tenants. Deal with all enquiries regarding the property and arrange accompanied viewings with one of our Directors. We will feedback to you the outcome of all viewings.
- offer a suitable applicant the tenancy subject to referencing. At this point we will take a holding deposit from the tenant to safeguard against them withdrawing.
- commence the referencing process utilising the services of a well-respected and effective referencing agency including references from previous landlords, employers and credit checks. If a guarantor is required they will also be subject to referencing.
- agree a mutually convenient check in day once the referencing process in completed to the satisfaction of yourself and Landlords 2.
- provide an assured shorthold tenancy agreement incorporating current legislation which will protect you in the event of any future disputes.
- collect the first month’s rent prior to the tenancy commencing following which we will deduct any fees due to ourselves before transferring the balance to your preferred bank account on the first working day of the month. We will also collect the balance of the deposit.
- inform utility suppliers of a change of tenant including the relevant local authority and water provider.
- At the point of key handover, the tenant will be given your contact details as it is at this point that you will take over the day to day management of the tenancy. You will be responsible for ensuring that tenants have the correct bank account details for payment of rent.
Full management Service 10% + vat (12% inc vat).
Example: If the monthly rental was £400 PCM the fee would be £48 (Inc VAT).
Popular with Landlords who lead busy lives this service allows you to appreciate a return on your investment without the day to day burden of property management.
In addition to the tenant find services Landlords 2 will;
- Compile a comprehensive inventory/ schedule of condition including digital photography and meter readings. This will be agreed with the tenant at check in and is an important document to assess the condition of the property at the end of the tenancy
- Register the tenants deposit monies with the DPS (Deposit Protection Service) within 30 days of receipt.
- Respond to all calls from the tenant during a 24-hour period. In the event of a repair which is the landlord’s responsibility we will request a contractor to visit however, if you wish we will contact a tradesman of your choice.
- Arrange the safety checks required by law of all gas appliances prior to letting and annually (this cost will be met by yourself).
- Collect the rent from the tenant and pay to you on the first working day of each month after deduction of fees and any invoices. A statement will be sent to you by e mail. If rent is not paid on the due date Landlords 2 will pursue the tenant and keep you informed of progress.
- Inspect your property every three months providing a condition report to you and the tenant. Following the end of the fixed term we will agree the frequency of future inspections.
- Contact the utility suppliers, local authority and water supplier to advise that a tenancy has ended.
- Carry out a final inspection against the inventory/schedule of condition agreed at the start of the tenancy. We will send you a comprehensive check out report detailing any deductions to be made. Landlords 2 will deal with reconciliation of the deposit at the end of the tenancy authorising its return in full if there are no deductions to be made. In the event there is reason to withhold monies Landlords 2 will arrange for the necessary work to be quoted and negotiate with the tenant in respect of this. If agreement regarding dilapidations cannot be reached then Landlords 2 will refer this to the DPS resolution service and keep you informed regarding the outcome.